Saturday 2 February 2013

Mothers gift

MOTHER'S GIFT

From a large family I did grow,
Through my mom God I did know.
Though our cupboards were nearly bare,
What we had to others we did share.
It took a tin of flour to feed us each week,
Yet half she gave and then my mom’s faith did she keep.
Mom gave half of what she ownded to eat,
Still that tin of flour lasted us all week.
God provided us with food each day,
Giving thanks to God my mother would pray.
A family in need the church did say,
Again my mother gave some of our food away.
With our food to share to church we did go,
But there was something my mother did not know.
The family in need was my family I must say,
And once again God had provided a way.
The gift from my mom is more precious than Gold,
It can not be bought and it can not be sold.
She taught me God’s love each day,
And taught me how to kneel and pray.
This is the gift my mom gave to me,’
I will treasure it through out eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment