Tuesday 22 January 2013

scripture poetry

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord
Is such a strong tower,
No evil can conquer it
Nor rob it of its power
And all of the righteous
Find refuge in its strength
And safety from the enemy
From the fiery darts he sends
For His name is so mighty
No other is the same
A strong and mighty fortress,
Forever shall remain.

Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed are you that do not walk
In the counsel of the unwise,
Nor stand in the path of the unrighteous ones,
Nor listen to their advice
But your delight and holy desire
Are the teachings of the Lord,
Meditating by day and by night,
Giving ear to God's holy law
Like a firmly planted tree
That is watered by the streams,
You shall bear fruit in its season
And prosper in everything.

Malachi 3:10
Bring the whole of your offering
Into the storehouse of the Lord
That there may be plenty,
A bountiful blessing for all
In this may you prove me
And see that I'll not open
All of heavens gates for you
The promise I have spoken
And you shall not be able
To receive all of my blessings
Poured out from my abundance
So your portion keeps increasing
I only want to bless you
In everything you do
But first you need to plant the seed
To see my harvest for you.

Joshua 24:14-15
We should always serve the Lord
And Him alone we should fear
For the throne of our hearts,
He does not want to share
We should never allow another
The place reserved for Him,
But to give Him that place of Lordship
That will keep our hearts from sin
For we must choose whom to serve
And whom our allegiance is for
But as for me and my household,
We shall only serve the Lord.

Isaiah 40:28-31
Our God does not faint
Nor grows weary each day
There's no searching His understanding
Or knowing His infinite ways
He gives power to the faint
Increasing their strength and might
For even the young lie exhausted
And grow weary in their lives
But those that wait upon the Lord,
He shall strengthen and renew
They shall mount up close to God
And soar as eagles do
They shall run and not be weary
They shall walk and not grow weak
They shall be changed and renewed
As their God they humbly seek.

Romans 12:2
May you never be conformed
To the world and all its ways
To be fashioned by its customs
And to do what others say
May you be so transformed
By the renewing of your mind
As you meditate on God's word,
In His presence you will find
That you will be renewed
And changed so you may prove
What is the perfect will of God
And that which is good for you
For God so longs for us
To become as Jesus Christ
To always walk in conformity
To His purpose and will for our lives.

Colossians 3:16-17
May the word of Jesus Christ
Make its home in your hearts
And dwell in all its richness,
Permeating every part
So you may have His wisdom
In teaching one another
What you have learned from Him
Shared with sisters and brothers
And we will sing a new song
When His Holy Spirit comes in,
Making melody in our hearts
With spiritual songs and hymns
And whatever you may do
In word, thought or deed,
Do everything in the name of Jesus
Giving praise unto thee.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
I know the plans that I have for you,
Plans for prosperity and peace
Never for evil or calamity,
But a future hope never to cease
Then you shall come and call upon me
And will bow your knee to pray
And I will hear you and heed your call
To be by your side right away
Then you will find me when you seek,
If you seek with all your heart
For I shall reveal myself to you,
From you, I will not depart.

Psalm 95:1-3; 6-8
O come let us worship and bow down,
Let us kneel before the Lord our maker
Offering the praise He deserves
For He is our God, our creator
We are the people of His pasture
And we are the sheep of His hand
So we shall offer with thanksgiving
Praises to the great "I Am"
Today if you would hear His voice,
Don't let your hearts grow hard
As they had done so long ago
In the wilderness at Meribah
So come let us sing to the Lord,
Make a joyful noise to our rock
With songs of praise and worship
To the King above all 'gods'.


Proverbs 28:13
If we keep hiding away our sin
And cover our transgressions up
And we do not come to a place of confession
To allow the light of His love
To reveal to us where we're in need
Of forgiveness from the Lord
Then we will not prosper in our ways
Or know His mercy at all
But when we confess all of our sins
Forsaking what is not right,
We will surely obtain God's mercy
And walk in it all our lives.

Proverbs 2:1-7
If you will receive God's words
And treasure all His commands
Being attentive to godly wisdom,
He'll be your sheild from harm
If you raise your voice for understanding
And cry out for godly insight
Longing for godly direction,
Each and every day of your life,
And if you seek for God's wisdom
As for treasure that is hidden
Then you will know the fear of the Lord
And have His knowledge within.

Psalm 71:1-5
In you, O Lord, do I put my trust
And in you, I take refuge
Deliver me in your righteousness
For you're the God that rescues
Be to me the place of shelter
Where I can safely abide
For you're my rock and my fortress
Where I can run and hide
Rescue me from the hand of the wicked,
From the grasp of the evil one
For you have always been my hope
I've trusted since I was young.

.Psalm 51:6-9

Behold, you desire truth
Within the inner parts
Make me to know your wisdom,
Deep in my inmost heart
Purify me with hyssop,
Deeper than I've ever been
Wash me as white as the snow
Then I shall truly be clean
Turn away from all my sins
And blot out the guilt I had
Make me to rejoice again
To be satisfied, and made glad.

Psalm 89:13-17

Mighty is your arm, O Lord
Your hand, exalted and strong
Your righteousness and your justice
Are the foundation of your throne
Your mercy and loving-kindness
Go before your face
And blessed are the those who know you,
Who walk in your favour and grace
For in your name, they do rejoice,
Their horn is lifted high,
For you are the glory of their strength
Their righteousness, and their light

No comments:

Post a Comment